When your Invisalign treatment is complete, you will wear retainers to safeguard the effects of your treatment and keep your healthy, new smile in place. Retainers are vital to the Invisalign process because they keep your teeth from shifting out of place.
There are various types of retainers. However, Vivera retainers are typically worn following Invisalign treatment. At Carlston Dental Group, these transparent retainers comprise the same premium-grade material as the aligners. Hence, the retention stage provides the same comfort, convenience, and efficacy as the treatment stage. They are composed of a thicker material and are intended to last for years without breaking, cracking, or losing shape.
What Are Vivera Retainers?
Vivera retainers are clear thermoplastic appliances created and manufactured in the same shape as Invisalign utilizing the same superior 3D imaging state-of-the-art technology. These are also known as Invisalign Vivera retainers because they resemble Invisalign aligners but are thicker and more durable. These retainers are not only for patients who have completed Invisalign treatment; they can also be used by patients who have had traditional braces therapy. They are the only retainers that do not necessitate putting your teeth in a disgusting glop and flossing.
When Should You Wear Your Vivera Retainer?
Retainers are used during the retention phase of treatment to keep the results of your treatment in place and prevent your teeth from shifting back. Wear them full-time for the first six months to a year after treatment, then gradually reduce them to a few nights each week. Our dentist may advise you to wear them throughout the day, then slowly transition to simply wearing them at night while sleeping. In the long run, you may only need to wear them a few nights weekly to keep your teeth aligned.
The Advantages of Vivera Retainers
- Vivera retainers, like Invisalign, are clear, so they always look lovely no matter where you go.
- Because Vivera retainers do not affect your speech, you can wear them all day or all night.
- Vivera retainers can be altered as needed or replaced with new retainers if they are lost. You will receive four sets of Vivera retainer aligners as part of the Vivera retainer program.
- Vivera retainers are incredibly durable and will not rip or break easily.
- Vivera retainers are smooth and soft, not irritating your lips or mouth.
- Vivera retainers are accurate and do not slip. They are created using the same 3-D digital imaging technology as Invisalign for a precise fit.
Vivera retainers are crystal clear, simple to clean, and come in a set with many back-ups, allowing you to swap them out should they stretch, break, or become lost. For the best dental care personalized to your unique needs, visit Carlston Dental Group at 2472 Overland Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90064, or call (310) 838-0844.